Monday 30 October 2017

A domestic few days away preparing for next week..........Yorkshire Song School !

I just had a lovely, if fleeting visit to Sussex to see the family, and most enjoyable it was too. I flew on the early morning plane to Gatwick after a 3am start, knowing that my grandchildren would be up and ready to go by the time I arrived in Arundel. I of course, would be wilting a little after travelling, but they always give me a boost of energy ! We chilled for an hour or so, then lunched in Chichester before my first experience of an iMax cinema showing ! Thor - Ragnorak was the dish of the day, and I was terrified that stuff was coming right for me before the actual film started. The children were hysterical as I tried to cover my face from the flying letters and pictures hurling themselves at me quite possibly at 100 miles per hour ! It was quite an experience I can tell you. I was in sensory overload the best part of the day !

We had a light supper then watched another movie, during which I fell gently to sleep ! I awoke and was ushered off to bed after my long, long day ! The following morning I still felt as if I was seeing Vikings at war, and flailing hammers but after a good cooked breakfast the children and I transferred to my daughter's car to be whisked off to Chichester for a shopping trip ! Much ready cash later we arrived back at home and then went to view a house which they are trying to buy. A delightful old cottage in Graffham which needs everything doing to it inside but has a wonderfully quirky layout and a huge tract of land with a stream at the bottom of the garden. The cost of houses these days is enough to bring on a heart attack, and I hope they can find a way to do it. Young folk have a very hard time trying to own a home these days.......

I flew back to Inverness on the last flight on Saturday, went shopping to Tesco then drove back to Paradise, arriving around 1am. There were so many deer, large and magnificent stags owning the road and staring me down. It is a magical journey late at night when there is no other traffic, the pines are sparkling with dew or early frost and the moon is on the water. 

I spent Sunday recovering  and preparing for my week to come. Next Saturday I and the ladies are off to Littlebeck near Whitby for a week of singing with my friends from the north of England. I am looking forward to it very much and hoping to hear some fine singing. My lot are ready for the starting gun ! It will be a feast of repertoire and a real treat. So in reality, this last weekend was a lovely song free rest before the game on next week !

K has just sent me this - a picture of things to come ? I hope not ! It is positively terrifying !









No comments:

Post a Comment

A domestic few days away preparing for next week..........Yorkshire Song School !

I just had a lovely, if fleeting visit to Sussex to see the family, and most enjoyable it was too. I flew on the early morning plane to Gatw...